White Chicken Chili Recipe
If you like chili and chicken, you are going to want to try this dish. It’s so easy to make and so delicious. This is one of the crock-pot meals that people request I make them all the time. I hope you enjoy!
This is not my recipe. The original recipe was posted by Jamie Cooks It Up. Here is a link to her website:
Creamy White Chicken Chili
Time: 10 minutes prep + 4-7 hours crock pot cooking
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
4 (15 ounce) cans white beans
1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
1 (14.5 ounce) mexican stewed tomatoes
1 (4 ounce) can green chilis
1/2 C salsa
1 T taco seasoning
1 chicken breast (frozen works well)
1 chicken thigh (frozen works well)
1/2 C sour cream
1/2 C whipping cream
1 t oregano
1/2 t cumin
1. Grab 4 cans of white beans. Drain the juice from the cans and rinse the beans in cold water. Drain and rinse one can of pinto beans as well, and throw all of the beans into a 4-6 quart crock pot.
2. Add 1 can of green chilies.
3. You’ll need 1 can of diced Mexican Stewed tomatoes. If you only have whole tomatoes, stick a pair of scissors into the can and chop them up. Pour the chopped up tomatoes into the crock pot.
4. Add 1/2 cup of salsa and 1 tablespoon Taco Seasoning. Stir everything together to combine.
5. Place 1 chicken breast and 1 chicken thigh into the pot. Scoop some of the bean mixture on top of the chicken so they are about half way covered up.
6. Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 7 hours or on high for 4.
7. Remove the chicken from the crock pot and shred it up with a fork. Toss it back into the pot.
8. Stir in 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/2 cup whipping cream. You could also use half and half or just plain milk.
9. Add 1 teaspoon oregano and 1/2 teaspoon cumin. Stir everything well to combine.
10. Cook on high for 15 minutes, or until all ingredients are heated through. Serve and enjoy! If you have leftovers, add a little bit of milk to thin things out when you heat it up.