October 12, 2023

Hello Scout!

You were born via C-Section October 12, 2023 at 12:56am. You were 7lbs,11oz and you were 19.5 inches tall. Here is your birth story!

You came a little bit early. 5 days early! The day started out like any other day. Mommy and Daddy worked. At some point Mommy, brother, Granny Sue and Grandma went to the Toyota dealership to look at some vans since we needed a bigger car. They had a couple we liked and we thought daddy and I would go back and purchase one later. Mommy felt a little different all day. Her belly was heavier feeling for some reason. Just figured you were dropping lower since we were close to my due date. The day continued on as normal. Daddy got home from work and we ordered Dominos for dinner. After dinner it was time to go upstairs and get brother showered, play Roblox together and go to bed. Daddy was getting brother all clean in his bath, so mommy got changed into her PJs and laid down in the bed to start playing Roblox when brother got out of the bath. As mommy was laying there she felt a cramp down in her uterus area. She thought it was odd and wondered if it was the start to something. Then all of a sudden, mommy’s water broke. There was a big gush of water that came out when mommy moved and sat up. She called over to daddy and said, “I think we are having a baby tonight.” Daddy then asked mommy why and she replied, “my water just broke.” Daddy got mommy a towel and helped her off the bed so she didn’t make a mess. I went to the bathroom and cleaned myself up and put on an adult diaper. I had bought some for the recovery period after having you. Mommy called the doctors office and let the doctor know. He said to come on in and he would meet us at the hospital. Grandma and Grandpa weren’t home from Bible Class yet so we had to wait till they got home so they could watch your brother. Mommy finished packing the last few things for the hospital bag and daddy got brother all done with his bath. Daddy was super confused at how calm Mommy was through the whole thing. I just knew everything was going to be ok and it was time. Once Grandma and Grandpa got home, Mommy and Daddy gave everyone love, but especially brother, and then headed to the hospital. Our hospital was 30 minutes away in Escondido. It was a pretty quick ride though. We made it there safe and went inside.

By the time we got to the hospital it was about 9:30pm. We went in the emergency side since we didnt know the front was still open. They got mommy into a wheel chair and checked her in. Daddy took the bag and checked in the front. He then met us up at the room. They wheeled mommy up to labor and delivery. Once they got us in a room they got mommy all set up on the monitors, took blood and checked her amniotic fluid coming out. Mommy was having contractions that she couldn’t feel. It was really weird riding in the car as well as walking after losing all the fluid. It felt like you were sloshing around in there. They talked to the anesthesiologist about when they could do the surgery since I had just ate around 7:20pm. We had to wait till 12:00am. They wanted to do surgery sooner than later since you had pooped in your sac. I had green meconium leaking out with the amniotic fluid. Everything was fine and we waited till the surgery with no issues. When it came time they got mom and dad dressed for surgery. They wheeled mom to the operating room and got me ready for the spinal. Mom was trying to stay calm. Its a weird and scary feeling having a spinal. I’m not a fan. The medicine makes me feel really icky. They got the spinal administered and got me laid down and set up on the table. I felt so messed up for a moment there from the medicine I thought I was going to die. It was a horrible feeling. I just kept praying to God to keep you and me safe. Finally Dad got to come in and be with me which helped me feel a lot better. Holding daddies hand always makes me feel better. The surgery began and they got you out safe and sound. They pulled down the drape and showed you to us. You had a full head of hair! Once they checked you out a bit they put you down on my chest for the rest of the surgery. They finished mommy up and wheeled us back to our recovery room. Mom had to hang out for a couple hours to make sure the surgery went well with no complications. The ice chips and apple juice that mom got to have after were amazing. You did skin to skin with mom and breastfed quite a bit. Mommy actually got her movement/feeling back pretty quickly which was nice. Everything was good with mommy so they moved us to our room for the rest of our stay.

The rest of our stay was uneventful. We were both doing well and you passed all your tests. The next day Grandma, Grandpa, Granny Sue and brother came to visit. Brother was pretty quiet and timid around you but overall happy. You had a nice first meeting. We stayed a couple nights and got to go home Saturday the 14th. You were so small in your car seat. Pretty much screamed the first part of the ride until you fell asleep. Sunday Memaw and Papa came down to visit. We had a nice time visiting with them and Memaw gave mom a nice little break from stuff.

All in all, you are the final piece that completes our little family and we love you so much. Welcome to the world little one.



Wordpress Social Share Plugin powered by Ultimatelysocial