Creamy Chicken Pasta Soup
It’s getting colder which means it’s time for soups! I tried this recipe the other day that I found on Pinterest. Here is the link to the original recipe by eatwell101:
It was super delicious and really easy to make. I bought some brown bread to dip in it as a side. I really liked that I didn’t have to cook the chicken and just bought a rotisserie chicken from the store.
- 1 lb (450g) cooked shredded or chopped chicken breast (or rotisserie chicken)
- 4 cups (1l) low-sodium chicken broth, or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- 2 cups uncooked ditalini pasta (or any other small pasta)
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese for garnish, optional
1. To make the creamy chicken pasta soup: In a large dutch oven, add the carrots, celery, onion, garlic and saute in olive oil until tender and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add cooked chicken and continue cooking for 3 minutes, stirring regularly.
2. Add the broth, heavy cream, and cream cheese. Cover and bring to a boil, then cook for 15 minutes.
3. Lower the heat, then add pasta and cheddar and simmer until pasta is cooked to your liking. Add spinach to the chicken pasta soup toward the end, and stir until wilted.
4. Adjust seasoning to taste with salt and black pepper. Serve the creamy chicken pasta soup into bowls and top with extra parmesan cheese if desired. Enjoy!
Note: If you like a thinner chicken pasta soup, you can cook pasta on the side and add to the soup at the end and reheat before serving.