September 16th, 2019


You are here! You were born September 16, 2019 at 11:27 pm via C-Section. You were 8lbs, 1 oz and 20 3/4 inches. We are so happy you are here and we have loved every minute since you were born.

Here’s your birth story. September 13th, your due date, came and went. When I had my appointment on the 12th it was apparent that my body had no intentions in pushing you out. I asked the doctor if we could wait one more week to see if my body would decide to have you naturally. The doctor said yes, so it was all a waiting game from there. On the 14th and 15th, Mommy and Daddy ran all over the place trying to use up all of my free coupons for my birthday. That weekend went by without a hitch except Sunday night. I was so itchy all over my body that I just couldn’t sleep. I was so exhausted the next day. I called the baby doctor around 2:00 pm just to ask about the itching. The doctor was concerned and wanted me to come in for a check up right away. Apparently there is a problem called cholestasis of pregnancy which is a liver condition that can occur late in pregnancy. The doctor was afraid that I was developing that condition and said we needed to go ahead and schedule a C Section since delivering the baby is the only way to stop it. We scheduled the C Section for September 17th at 6:00 am. The doctor also wanted us to go to the hospital to get you monitored to make sure you were doing well, so we left the doctors office and headed over to Saint Rose Sienna.

We got to the labor and delivery floor and they hooked me up to monitor you. Thankfully everything was perfectly fine when it came to you but mommy had hypertension. They came back in to the room after a while and let us know that they decided to keep me and move up your birth! They moved mom and dad to a labor room and got mom all ready for surgery. We didn’t have our hospital bag so Memaw and Papa went to pick it up for us. I was very exhausted, hungry and had terrible acid reflux. Memaw, Papa, Grandma and Ciotka came and hung out with mom and dad for a bit before the surgery. I was supposed to go in at 9:00 pm but they had three other surgeries ahead of me. We finally went into surgery around 11:00 pm.

When they finally took me back, I thought I was going to pass out from anxiety and exhaustion. I was very anxious about the surgery but was very thankful that I wasn’t going to have to push you out. We could hear another woman screaming on the labor and delivery floor while pushing out her baby and mommy felt so bad for her. They took me in the operating room and had me jump up on the operating table. The anesthesiologist then gave me an epidural. He was a very nice and funny guy. They then laid me down on the table, setup the rest of the space and got started on the surgery. Thankfully daddy was sitting right at my head holding my hand. It helped me feel a little bit better. They cut into me and you could hear a huge splashing sound! The doctors even said “whoa!” because of how much amniotic fluid I had. Shortly after, the nice anesthesiologist took daddies phone and took pictures of you for us. You were out! I could hear you crying. Then they brought you over to the table to clean you off, warm you up and weight you. I finally got to see you! It was so weird but awesome at the same time. Just a few minutes before you were in my tummy and then all of a sudden you were out. You looked so big and had a full head of hair. You and dad helped me through the rest of the surgery. I just kept my eyes on you and my hand in dads. It was your doctors birthday the next day, so we sang happy birthday to her and everyone wore paper birthday hats. It was quite a sight since we were still in the operating room.

The surgery didn’t take much longer and they cleaned and sewed me up. They transferred me onto a gurney and moved us back into our labor room. They finished getting you ready and handed you to dad. He got to hold you first. After they were done setting mommy up, dad handed you to me for skin to skin contact and breastfeeding. As soon as they set you down you were looking for boob! You love to eat. You were a pro at eating right from the start which I am very grateful for. After we sat in our room and bonded for an hour, they transferred us to our recovery room. Daddy pushed you over in your bassinet while the nurses wheeled me over. We got all set up in our room and daddy got some skin to skin time with you and he sent everyone pictures. It was about 1:00 am now. We were all exhausted, so we went to bed.

The next day all your family came to see you. Memaw, Papa, Aunt Krystal, Grandma, Grandpa, Ciotka, Granny Sue, Stud and Nana. The day after that our friends The Brickey’s came to visit as well as the Eubank’s. Everyone loved you so much and were surprised at how alert and strong you were. The rest of our hospital stay was uneventful.

We finally got to go home on Thursday September 19th. Thankfully, your Aunt Krystal and Papa had gone over to our house and made sure it was all set up for you. They set up the bassinet, the pack and play and the diaper changing station. Dad, you and I pretty much lived downstairs on the couch for a month while mom healed up. All of the freeze meals mom made were pretty delicious. Memaw and Aunt Krystal also brought us over some meals.

Life feels so much more full with you here. Time certainly goes by super fast. We love you so much and can’t wait to celebrate all the little milestones you will reach along the way.



Wordpress Social Share Plugin powered by Ultimatelysocial